Surya Puja on Chhath
Sun or Surya Dev is the giver of life. Humans, plants and animals, as well as other flora and fauna, cannot survive without the sun. Therefore, he is known as the God of Energy. To commemorate and to pay a tribute to Surya Dev, Chhath Puja is observed. It is also known as Surya Shashti or Dala Chhath. In 2017, Chhath puja occurs on 26th October 2017.
Chhath is a very important festival in India and is celebrated in the Kartik maas as per the Hindu Lunar Calendar. Devotees celebrate this festival to offer their thanks to Surya Dev for all the blessing of good life on earth. They also worship him to be blessed by good health, success, progress of family, friends and elders.
Benefits of Chhath Puja
- – Observing this vrat and puja is a process to enhance mental discipline
- – Helps detoxify the body and better health
- – Eradicates negative thoughts and emotions
- – Boosts will power and mental strength
- – Improves life’s situations
- – Boosts career prospects
- – Helps gain name and fame
- – Keeps ego at bay and encourages positivity and charitable activities
- – Helps boost academic prospects and results
- – Improves personal finance
- – Helps gain financial success and wealth
- – Eradicates hurdles in personal as well as professional life
- – Reduces malefic effects of Grah Dosh
- – Improves familial relationships
Chhath puja is also observed to reduce or overcome afflictions to the skin, i.e. skin infections. Observing the Chhath puja rituals helps to enhance the pranic flow in the body and this regulates the hormones as well as calms the body. It also helps improve eyesight.
History and Origin of Chhath Puja
Chhath Puja is highly significant in Hinduism. It is believed that Surya Putra Karna began the Chhath Puja rituals. He was a warrior par excellence and the ruler of Anga Desh, i.e. Munger District of present day Bihar. As per the Puranas, Draupadi and the Pandavas of Hastinapur celebrated the Chhath Puja with prayers to Surya Dev to regain their lost Kingdom.
Surya Puja on Chhath Puja has mentions in the Ramayana as well. It is believed that Lord Rama and Maa Sita observed a fast on Chhath and worshipped Surya Dev in the Kartik Maas during Shukla Paksha. This was done after they returned to Ayodhya after their 14-year long exile.
This Puja will be conducted by experts adhering to all rules and regulations. Once you order this Puja, a confirmation will be sent to you via email and a link will be shared through which you can watch the Puja in real time. After the Puja is completed, Prasad will be couriered to you at the address provided by you to us.